An accessible website provides equal opportunity for everyone to: get information; learn; work; and communicate.
Five web accessibiltiy concerns that you can check quickly:
- Are links placed on descriptive text rather than “click here”?
- Do you provide captions or transcripts for videos or podcasts?
- Can all buttons, pages and features be accessed only by using a keyboard?
- Is there enough contrast between text and background colors to facilitate easy reading?
- Can the text be re-sized by holding down CTRL and pressing the plus or minus signs on your keyboard?
FISA Foundation has been working with the Bayer Center for Nonprofit Management to develop resources to help your organization improve the accessibility of its website. For more information:
- Download this simple guide for nonprofit leaders: Web Accessibility Basics for Nonprofit leaders — http://bcnm.rmu.edu/NewsPublications/cmp-media/docs/BayerCenter/webaccessibilitybasicsfornonprofitleaders.pdf
- Download Web Accessibility for Nonprofit Web Developers: http://bcnm.rmu.edu/NewsPublications/cmp-media/docs/BayerCenter/webaccessibilityfornonprofitwebdevelopers.pdf
- Like the Bayer Center’s Web Accessibility page on Facebook: www.facebook.com/BCNMWebAccessibility